Thursday, October 9, 2008

My α Journey - Episode 2 : The Evolution...

The evolution: from Compact to DSLR

The Phone...

My story will be empty if I do not keep any record. What should I tell my children about what happened to the life before him ? How do I show him how I look like when I was young ? Or how could I show him how pretty his mother was without a picture ? Photos do play a main rule in keeping the story roll.

My Camera Phones.
The Sony SE 810 and The Nokia 3230

It was in the year of 2002 where I bought my own self my very first a camera phone. It was small and yet powerful Nokia 3230 camera phone that bear a camera function that could capture of image with 1.2MP.

Although its low picture quality I have captured the all the sweet memories instantly of me and my love ones. We capture almost every place we visited with this camera phone, and even I used this phone to capture the whole process of my register of marriage !




This phone had served me well until it broke down without any warning...

The DSC H1 ...

Though the phone was broken down, it doesn't stop me from capturing photos. It was the same time that I bought a prosumer camera to my girl friend as birthday gift.
The 12x zoom DSC H1

Yes, we evolved from a camera phone to a proper camera with 12x zoom. Through its lens, I had my sweetest memories of my and my girl friend recorded. We carried this compact camera to everywhere we go. With these pictures, I shall tell my children, how pretty their mother was, and she still is...






That was the time I took up photography seriously. Numerous studies had been done through the Internet. I gain much knowledge from studying people's work, and understand well the meaning behind all settings by the professionals.

The DSLR ...

The Legendary Sony A100 !

Time : My wedding day.
Venue : My House

My brother was busying taking photos with a camera...

Me : Wow ! Look at the size of that camera ! What camera is that ?
Brother : It's a DSLR camera.
Me : DSLR ? What's stand for ?
Brother : Digital Single Lens Reflector Camera.
Me : Cool. Does it more powerful than my H1 ?
Brother : Of course. It can do much more thing than your H1 !

Looking through its crystal clear view finder, I was amazed by the picture quality captured by this camera ! It has a focusing speed faster than my imagination. It's huge and yet easy to operate. That was the time I said to myself, yes, that is the camera I am going to get. Hence, searching for the DSLR began.

Bearing with the renowned Minolta technology, I straight away came to the shop of selling Sony DSLR and grab my first ever DSLR, the Sony A100 !

I had great fun with this new camera of mine! From then since, I've learned to see things in much different way.

I had capture the most beautiful faces of my loved one...







We went to places and capture nice sceneries...

The Dinding Bridge

The Dinding Bridge, Sri Manjong.

Putrajaya Bridge

The Putrajaya Bridge.

Taipei 101

Taipei 101, Taiwan.

Melaka 02

Jonker Street, Melaka.

and many more !

From then since too, I had helped friends in capturing unforgotten moment of their wedding life.





And from then since, I'm truly involve in the world of photography...

My α Journey - Episode 1 : In the Beginning ...
My α Journey - Episode 2 : The Evolution...
My α Journey - Episode 3 : In Search of Light ...
My α Journey - Episode 4 : Capturing the Joy of Pre-parenthood ...
My α Journey - Episode 5 : Walking through the Path ...

No comments: