Sunday, October 25, 2009

From Russia with Thirst....

I didn't notice the cup I use to quench my thirst came all the way from the north, and it's a place where I couldn't link this cup to. I didn't notice the words "Made in Russia" until I bottom up my water in front of my computer monitor just a couple days ago !

Apart from 2 cups where I bought from Ikea that are made from Russia, I don't think I could find any other thing that come from this northern country. The watch I bought for my brother from Harbin, China about 10 years ago was made in USSR (WOW ! That's cool !) but I doubt it's a genuine one. Well, I was in China, and I have thousand of reason to doubt it although I was just km away from the border of Russia.

Anyway, it's really a rare occasion where I could get a product from Russia so easily. How on earth I could relate glass making with Russia ??? Why not from China ?? LOL. Well, could it because of Ikea, Russia is just like China to us ?

Maybe.

3 comments:

Mykkon said...

woow...

albert said...

Funny you should say that, especially when it comes to glass - Kiev, Zorki, Jupiter etc. are all Russian camera makers who copied Leica cameras and lenses. (Maybe that's why they went to war!)

I had a good laugh though reading Wikipedia's entry on the AK-47, a very very cheap Russian assault rifle (<125 USD!) with copies everywhere. Obviously, the Chinese had their shameless copy, the Type 56, too. So while the Russians copied the Germans, the Chinese copied the Russians on that one!

Templar Tan said...

@Albert,
What I meant here is not the lens glass, I meant the drinking glass. :D

I won't expect a drinking glass would from Russia.